Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thematic maps show specifically one theme in an area, and focus on showing where these themes are located. They can portray physical, social, political, cultural, economic, sociological, agricultural, or any other aspects of a city, state, region, nation, or continent. The country I have chosen for my blog this week is Spain. I chose this country because I have a lot of family that lives there, and I have also traveled there before. The three themes that I chose for the thematic maps of Spain were: temperatures, what minerals are found where, and what areas of Spain are rural and which areas are more urban. Something that I found interesting and it was really cool to see on a map was the amount of rural area that there really is in Spain. I recall while being there seeing miles and miles of rural area and that was proven to be true for many other parts of Spain as well that I had not seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment